We adapt to your needs, not the other way around:
||Why should you learn to dive with Huron Scuba?
- Numbers tell a story:
- Chosen One of USA's Best Dive Centers
four years in a row.
99% of our student-divers would recommend Huron Scuba to a friend or loved one.
Over 11,000 divers trained with a perfect safety record.
- We value your time with us, and schedule our lessons so your time is
- Watch the DVD in advance on your own time, not sitting in our classroom!
- Our lessons build on what you gain from home-study
to allow for more "water time."
- Any equipment issues are immediately resolved with pool-side exchanges
your Huron Scuba purchases.
- Our time-tested methods give you plenty of flexibility when you start
diving with us:
- Our complete courses are fun & effective
in two weekends or three weeks, with the same amount of practice time distributed differently for different learning styles.
- Courses available in three formats: standard weeknights,
focused weekend executive,
and private lessons at your own pace.
- We have an extra class or pool session
for our student-divers who are not quite ready.
- Simple Open Water Diver Package pricing: One price
takes care of your lessons, course pack,and rental equipment. You purchase
personal snorkeling equipment.
- Going on vacation? Get prepared here in as little as one weekend then
earn your certification card after two days of diving at your destination!
- Our professionals love what they do and will support you wherever diving
- Our team of dive industry profesionals
over 100+ years of collective teaching experience.
- The Huron Scuba Dive Family actively dives in
Michigan and the Great Lakes as well as in
- Use the world-wide recognition of Huron Scuba to get the
best travel experiences starting today; we book your individual and
group trips and give you the benefit of our experience and reputation.
- Choose weekend, weeknight, or private lessons. With
pre-class preparation you learn more & have more fun.
- One schedule change at no charge, no questions asked, with
notice before class start date.
- For divers that have prepared for class & made every
reasonable effort but just need more time to master the class & pool skills, we
offer one more 3-hour session at no charge within 2 weeks of class
completion date to help reach their "personal finish line."
|Who can take the class:
- Min. age 10 for scheduled pool lessons. For age 10 & 11 it is
recommended your child receive private open water diver lessons
with classmates you have selected.
- For scheduled open water certification dives,
minimum age 12. For age 10 &
11, private open water certification dives required (max. group
size 4 with up to 2 divers age 10 or 11).
- General good health with no medical condition
that is a severe
risk condition for scuba diving.
- Comfortable in water too deep to stand.
key points for your package:
- Get full PADI Drysuit Diver Specialty Certification (includes extra pool lesson, extra
open water dives, materials, rental & Drysuit C-card): $199
- Do your open water dives in a drysuit (includes extra pool lesson & rental):
- Purchase dive gloves (recommended): $28-46
- Purchase your own scuba equipment package at Huron Scuba & use it during your lessons
(get $100 off if before pool and open water certs, get $50 off if after pool
but before open water certs - call the shop for more details.)
Additional items paid to others during
local open water
- Quarry entrance fees: $25 per day
- Air fills at quarry: $30+ depending on number of
- Camping or shared hotel room: $40-$160+
- Meals, gas & tolls: $25-60
What to do before class (at least 2 weeks prior):
- Purchase your
required personal equipment
(mask, snorkel, fin and boots) at Huron Scuba to get our poolside exchange privileges.
Already have it? All equipment must be inspected by Huron Scuba staff prior
to lessons to ensure appropriateness and proper fit.
- Watch the PADI DVD and complete the PADI knowledge reviews
prior to class.
- Complete the course paperwork online or in the store.
- Sign up with a $100 non-refundable deposit to hold your space. Balance
due 2 weeks prior to class start date and becomes non-refundable as of that
Weekend Executive Course
covers all the academics and pool dives on one weekend.
Scheduled start dates:
1/6/2017 (Come in at least 2 weeks prior (preferred) to sign waivers, finalize registration, pickup your materials, get sized up for the gear you will use and to purchase your personal snorkeling equipment.)
2/10/2017 (Come in at least 2 weeks prior (preferred) to sign waivers, finalize registration, pickup your materials, get sized up for the gear you will use and to purchase your personal snorkeling equipment.)
3/3/2017 (Come in at least 2 weeks prior (preferred) to sign waivers, finalize registration, pickup your materials, get sized up for the gear you will use and to purchase your personal snorkeling equipment.)
3/24/2017 (Come in at least 2 weeks prior (preferred) to sign waivers, finalize registration, pickup your materials, get sized up for the gear you will use and to purchase your personal snorkeling equipment.)